Tuesday, January 25, 2011

INDIA'S REPUBLIC DAY

4-year old Lahari says ..... it's holiday today because its PUBLIC DAY, before she was corrected to say REPUBLIC DAY............It's 62nd Republic day of India, watching live program from Delhi on TV with leaders and celebrities watching..... Flag hoisting, military parade, President's formal speech, display of tableau from various states, cultural program etc etc..... Remembering the time when I used take my boys, when they were young (they are still young)....... to Indian Consulate in Dubai to witness the flag hoisting, cultural program followed by refreshments..... which was the main attraction for my boys......
TV is displaying HAMARA  BHAARAT.MAHAAN..... JHANDA UNCHA RAHE HAMARA..... MAA THUJHE SALAM.........
HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY........
Wednesday, 26th Jan

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely remember the days of Indian republic and Independence days celebrations at the Indian Consulate, Dubai... Awesome food, was indeed the highlight! I can still smell the pooris and jalebis :)

    Vidya and I sang Jana Gana Mana with all due respect to motherland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good memories are always keep us alive. I like the way You two did to remember motherland ...wow

    ReplyDelete