Wednesday, April 29, 2020

SHRADDHANJALI - SUNANDA SOMAYAJI (DODDA)

Wednesday, 29th April 2020
Bengaluru

Sunanda Atthige was married to my eldest brother Seetharama Somayaji when I was 5+ years old. I vaguely remember the event. My brother was working as hotel manager at Hubballi.


I used to eagerly wait to go to Hubballi during the school holidays. Atthige is very affectionate woman, she used to look after us very well, preparing nice eatables. Her brother Ramachandra Hebbar, almost my age, also used to come to Hubballi from Bangalore. We used to have nice time roaming around the the city, going to movie, running to hotel to hot idlies in the morning. 

Later, my brother shifted to Shimoga, to work in another hotel, they were living in a small house in Durgi Gudi. There also during school holidays, It was pleasure for me to go there and spend time and eat nice food prepared by atthige.They used to have lot of relations and friends visiting them and she was never tired to prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have two daughters, Usha and Sandhya.

MEMORIES

Years passed, Usha got married to Suresh, Software Engineer, working in USA, my sister's son and Sandhya got married to Sadaram, who was working in the Bank. I also went abroad to work. When we come during holidays it was a must for us to visit them and spend few days.

They shifted to Bangalore and living with daughter, Usha, in Kengeri House. They also visited USA, couple of times, when Suresh was working there.

UTTARA KRIYA RITUALS AT VAIDIKA MANDIRA, CHAMARAJA PETE, BENGALURU


Sunday, 10/5/2020
In 2017 October, my brother Seetharama Somayaji passed away, and after that dodda became ill and deteriorating in her health conditions. She was suffering from dementia, weakness and she breathed her last in the morning of Wednesday, 29th April 2020.

Her remains were cremated at Kengeri Crematorium, where me and Rishi went to attend. As it was during lockdown period due to COVID19, I took permission/pass from police station to go.

UTTARA KRIYA RITUALS 10/5/2020

That was the end of very affectionate and God fearing lady. I must say that Sandhya and Sadaram looked after her very well when she was bedridden for a year.

REST IN PEACE

MAY HER SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.

Posted Thursday, 30th April 2020




No comments:

Post a Comment