Monday, May 1, 2017

NAGA POOJE & HOMA SHANTHI

Friday 21st April 2017
Balekudru, Hangarakatte, Udupi Dist.




Balekudru, is an island sort of place, where my mothers parents come from and lived.  I used to go with my mother, crossing a river on a boat. Any function there, my mother will carry me to that place and I remember playing around the place. There was a huge Ashwath tree near the tree and NAGA BANA, stone of snakes, place where the serpents used to live. My grandmother used to go round the tree and put water on these stones every morning.



Prabhakar Kedilaya and the family performed annual pooja and homa at the place and close relatives were present for the occasion. After the rituals and MahaMangalathi, prasad was given to all.


A grand lunch followed at Rama Mandira at HamgaraKatte.

written Tuesday 2nd May 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment